Title VIII Nursing funding will be available soon for 2014 ****
National Institute of Health Research and project grants available
Open Education Database 101 places to find funding
Rural Nurse Grant Application Format
The Rural Nurse Research Grants competition is to stimulate research about rural nursing in the United States. The program supports research projects that are either or both qualitative and quantitative in nature and focus on a rural nursing topic.
Applicants are encouraged to submit proposals that develop or benefit from measures or methodological approaches for addressing rural nursing issues.
Proposals should be printed on white paper, using a 12-point font (Times New Roman or similar) and one-inch margins on all sides; pages should be numbered. Electronic attachments are the only delivery method.
- Application date
- Organization’s and individual applicant’s name and contact information (full address, including mailing address if different, telephone, fax, and Web address)
- Contact Individual’s social security or organization’s tax-exempt number
- Dollar amount of this funding request
- Total program budget
- Total current organizational budget
- Date of institutional review board’s official human subject’s approval
- Period this funding request will cover
- Purpose of this funding request, including target population, number of individuals, and geographic area(s) that will benefit from this proposal
- Need statement, methods and strategies, recruitment plan, analysis plan, evaluation of the project plan
- Other funding and or sustainability resources
For All Requests: Information about your work organization
- Describe, in one paragraph, the organization’s history, mission, and goals.
- Describe current programs and activities, and recent accomplishments.
- Attach your resume or curriculum vitae
- How will this request enable you to accomplish your goals and improve rural health care?
- Describe briefly the involvement of your target population(s)
Applicants for Research Grants may be U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or non-U.S. citizens and must be working at a U.S. institution. Underrepresented minority researchers are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants must demonstrate proof of past or present rural nursing employment.
Inter professional studies are encouraged.
Awards for Research Grants up to $500 for 1-year projects
All applications for Research Grants must include:
- Information on the PI (contact and background information, current curriculum vitae) and Co-PI(s), if applicable.
- A letter describing the proposed research project
- Statement of how this research advances the current state of knowledge in rural nursing.
- Research proposal (limited to 3 single-spaced pages) that addresses the following:
- Problem statement/policy issue and its importance
- Theoretical or conceptual framework for the research
- Brief review of relevant research/policy literature
- Research questions, hypotheses to be tested
- Description of methodology including proposed data set and criteria for selecting data file, sample (e.g., groups used, exclusions to sample, and estimated sample sizes), selection of variables and rationale for using them, and analytic techniques
- Connections between the potential findings and policy issues
- Brief dissemination plan for this research
- Conceptual or figural model outlining the framework or design of the study
- Statistical model or formulas, appropriately defined, that are connected to the conceptual model
- Categorized list of variables from the NSF, NCES, or other federal data set(s) to be used
- References cited in the proposal narrative and models
- Proposed budget
- Brief list of current other support (grants, awards, etc.)
Submissions are due no later than the first day of September. Proposals for Research Grants will be reviewed by the first day of November, with funding decisions made within a month of the review date. Awards will be announced at the Rural Nurse Conference closest to the award date and awardees are encouraged to attend.
Applications are submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org